Travel Documents

U.S. and Canadian citizen children under age 19 arriving by land
or sea*
from contiguous territory and traveling with a school group, religious group, social or cultural organization, or sports team, may present an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card.

The group should be prepared to present a letter on organizational letterhead with the following information:
• The name of the group and supervising adult,
• A list of the children on the trip, and the primary address, phone number, date of birth, place of birth, and name of at least one parent or legal guardian for each child,
• A written and signed statement of the supervising adult certifying that he or she has obtained parental or legal guardian consent for each participating child.

Accompanying Adults (teachers, parents, chaperones) MUST have proper documentation in the form of a Passport for border control.

For ADDITIONAL information on the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative for special groups, visit and

Children under 16 traveling to Canada and back into the USA.—traveling-into-the-u.s.-as-canadian-citizen

Get your passport- start here :
Canadian Border service Agency :
* Arrivals by air travel requires passport for all passengers.
** Always check with your government prior to departure for any changes to these current rules.